996.2 owners: win a 70% discount on a fitted single row IMS Solution upgrade
The IMS bearing: it’s long been a cause for concern for many 996 and 997.1-generation owners, with the factory setup shown to have failed on numerous examples of 1997-2008 Porsche 911s. To combat the well-documented problem of the IMS failing, which can cause catastrophic engine failure and can happen at any time with little warning, a number of independent specialists have offered aftermarket solutions to put the minds of M96/M97-engined owners at ease. Leading the market in this field is LN Engineering.
LN Engineering has sold thousands of IMS Retrofit and Solution upgrades for both generations of 996 as well as the first generation 997. There are two solutions offered by LN Engineering, the first is a Single Row Pro IMS Retrofit Kit (parts cost circa £450 +VAT) and a ‘fit for life’ Solution bearing with a dedicated oil feed (parts cost circa £1,730 +VAT). Now one lucky Total 911 reader and owner of a 996.2 (3.6-litre) can win a FREE IMS Solution upgrade kit from LN Engineering with substantially discounted auxiliary parts and labour for fitting at RPM Technik.
The usual cost of this procedure (including all parts and labour) is around £3,000 including VAT, split down into the following:
– LN Engineering Solution kit for single bearing M96 = £1,730 +VAT
– Labour to replace IMS at RPM Technik (9 hours at £65 per hour) = £585 +VAT
– Parts: oil, oil filter, clutch bolts, flywheel bolts, sealing rings, camshaft seals = £150.31 +VAT
However, the winner will benefit from the following, representing an incredible saving of around £2,400:
– Complimentary LN Engineering Solution upgraded IMS kit
– 10% discounted labour rate at RPM Technik for fitting = £526.50 + VAT
– Complimentary parts: oil, oil filter, clutch bolts, flywheel bolts, sealing rings, camshaft seals
To be in with a chance of winning this truly incredible prize, simply email your name, address, contact number and registration number of your 996.2 to [email protected] with ‘IMS’ in the subject title. We’ll also need you to clarify that you’ve read and accepted our terms and conditions, which can be found below. This one-off competition closes at 10am GMT this Monday, 22nd February. Good luck!
Terms and conditions:
– Competition is applicable to 996.2 (3.6-litre) cars with factory single row IMS bearing only
– IMS bearing must not have been previously upgraded
– One winner to be picked at random from all entries (Editor’s decision is final)
– Entrants agree to being contacted by LN Engineering and/or RPM Technik to discuss other Porsche products and services
– Winner must have the IMS fitted at RPM Technik before March 4th 2016
– Winner must be able to take the 996 to RPM Technik, Long Marston, HP23 4QR. RPM will require the car for two days to complete the upgrade
– Further costs may be applicable at RPM: the clutch and flywheel will be inspected upon removal and if found to be in need of replacement the parts cost of these parts would be borne by the winner. Please note RPM will not recommend changing any parts unless necessary and any parts removed can be made available upon collection.