Porsche International Cup Scholarship contenders gallery
As with 2013, Porsche are offering the chance for one national Carrera Cup racer to win a €200,000 bursary towards a seat in the 2014 Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup.
At the Oschersleben track, in Germany, the eight young hopefuls have been put through their paces in the latest Porsche 991 GT3 Cup car. However, to be successful, the drivers not only had to vie to set the fastest lap time, but also show the ability to the set up and analyse the handling of the 911 race car.
The eight drivers competing for the top prize (won last season by Jean-Karl Vernay are):
- Earl Bamber – Carrera Cup Asia
- Maxime Jousse – Carrera Cup France
- Alberto Cerqui – Carrera Cup Italia
- Ryo Ogawa – Carrera Cup Japan
- Daniel Lloyd – Carrera Cup GB
- Jonas Gelzinis – Carrera Cup GB
- Johan Kristoffersson – Carrera Cup Scandinavia
- Christofer Berckhan Ramirez – GT3 Cup Challenge Central Europe
“All eight candidates have shown just how competitive Porsche’s international one-make cup series are”, said Jonas Krauss, manager of the Porsche Mobil1 Supercup.
“All of the drivers did a great job at the wheel of the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup and this doesn’t make our decision over the next few days easy. We now have to evaluate the huge amount of data and select the candidates with the most potential.”
Keep up to date with all the developments in the Porsche International Cup Scholarship at Total911.com.